Q: WHERE IS THE BEACH HOUSE LOCATED?
Melways P193 K10
29 Parklands Ave.
PH: (03) 5983-5557
NOTE: Look out for the "KirkMichael" sign out front.
refer to the
Maps Page for further details)
A: THE POWER & HOT WATER MAY BE OFF, SO YOU CAN TURN THESE ON WITHIN THE METER BOX AT THE FRONT DOOR.
NOTE: These 2 circuit breakers are opposite
to each other... meaning one is ON in the UP position, and the other is
ON in the DOWN position.
A: THE BEACH HOUSE HAS 3 BEDROOMS.
- Room#1 has just 1 double bed. (2 people)
- Room#2 has 1 Double bed and 1 Bunk Bed. (4 people)
- Room#3 has 2 Bunk Beds with one being a Double on the bottom. (5 people)
NOTE: Baby Cot located in Room#3 if required.
NOTE: Couch in Living Room if also required.
A: THE BEACH IS WALKING DISTANCE. (Approx 100m.
via Reserve Rd.)
Q: HOW DO I MAKE A BOOKING?
A: YOU CAN EITHER EMAIL
ME @ THE ADDRESS PROVIDED, OR YOU CAN CONTACT THE FAMILY MEMBER TO
WHICH YOU WERE REFERRED BY.
A: YOU CAN PICK UP THE SOMERS KEYS FROM THE FAMILY MEMBER TO WHICH YOU WERE REFERRED BY BEFOREHAND.
A: THE BEACH HOUSE HAS THE FOLLOWING:
* Shower & Bath
* Washer (no dryer; cloths line out back)
* 1 Toilet
* Wood Stove w/ free provided wood
* TV with DVD/MP3 Player. (no VCR)
* 2 Fridges (Main Kitchen Fridge has a built in Freezer)
* 1 Full Freezer in Garage to store fish bait (if needed)
* Full BBQ Facilities.
* Fire Pit
* Kid's Tree House
* Fully enclosed fencing surrounding properly
* Full Dog enclosure within property
* Outdoor Shower to wash off excess sand.
* Fully covered area outside
* Ping Pong Table. (Stored in Garage)
* Outdoor sink to clean Fish (if necessary)
A: WE WOULD GRATEFUL IF YOU BROUGHT THE FOLLOWING:
- YOUR OWN BED SHEETS/SLEEPING BAGS AND/OR PILLOWS. (IF REQUIRED)
- SHOWER TOWELS
- BEACH TOWELS
- SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER
A: YOU CAN PRE PURCHASE ALL YOUR GROCERIES
BEFORE YOUR TRIP, BUT YOU CAN ALSO STOP IN HASTINGS WHICH HAS A "COLES"
ON YOUR WAY DOWN, OR EVEN TRAVEL TO THE "IGA" IN BALNARRING AFTERWARDS.
BOTH AREAS ARE A SHORT DRIVE AWAY AND CAN ACCOMMODATE ALL YOUR GROCERY
AND BOTTLE SHOP NEEDS .
A: THE ONLY OTHER THING IS IF YOU USE THE LAND
LINE AT THE BEACH HOUSE. THIS IS AN HONOR SYSTEM, SO IF YOU DO MAKE ANY
PHONE CALLS, PLEASE INSERT SOME CHANGE IN THE TIN CONTAINER NEXT TO IT
FOR EACH TIME USED. YOU CAN ALSO USE YOUR MOBILE AS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
GET RECEPTION, BUT NOT ALWAYS. (depending on your provider)
A: THERE ARE PLENTY TO DO IF YOU WANT TO BE ACTIVE.
- Golfing in Flinders
- Wineries at Redhill
- Markets (Redhill, Bittern and other surrounding areas) <various days>
NOTE: PLEASE REVIEW OUR "EVENTS BINDER" WHICH
SHOULD BE LOCATED ON TOP OF THE WALL CABINET. (ABOVE COFFEE CUPS)
A: WE JUST WANT YOU TO ENJOY YOUR WEEK OR WEEKEND AT SOMERS BEACH HOUSE AND ALL WE ASK IS THAT YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE THE SAME WAY YOU CAME INTO IT. (CLEAN & TIDY)
- Dishes put away
- Floors swept
- Rug vacuumed
- Curtains closed and Blinds drawn.
- All windows and doors locked.
... but I'm sure you already knew that.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE